Location: Toronto, CANADA
Department: Marketing and Sales
Type: Internship with Moderate experience: Student/Graduate (College)
NERI Media is on the hunt for energetic people to join our team.
We are an emerging technology and new media company and we’ve assembled an amazing team of passionate, driven, forward-thinking professionals who share a common vision and we are looking for new people to expand our team. NERI Media has altered the new media horizon by building the world’s first online platform dedicated to the art and innovation black people. NERI means New Era of Restored Innovation and our mission is simple: Reveal the innovations of Millennials of color.
NERI Media is part of an advertising conglomerate with a collective reach of almost 1 Million Millennial professionals of color, With the capacity for over 7 million social media impressions. Based in the Greater Toronto Area, NERI our collaborative partners are stationed across the globe.
NERI Media is looking for a driven Social Media Specialist to attract and interact with targeted virtual communities and networks users. Our consistent and growing audience on NERI is heavily based on the online distribution of our content so this role is an instrumental. The goal is to consistently achieve superior customer engagement and intimacy, website traffic and revenue by strategically exploiting all aspects of the social media marketing road map.
Social media specialists must have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content so that it is engaging on those channels. You are responsible for joining relevant conversations on behalf of the brand, “soft selling” or providing support to current and prospective customers.
You may be assigned to content distribution for a client or dedicated to growing the audience for one of our platforms. From fashion to art to politics, you’ll be engaged in a variety of campaigns that are sure to augment your internet marketing prowess. You may be on set, in our offices and behind the scene at some major events covered by NERI Media. Finally, this intern job position is unpaid for the first 4 months with the strong eventuality of being retained on paid contract or salary.
This intern should be prepared to work in the GTA and be assigned at short notice. Most work is reoccurring and set locations will vary. There is also the probability of travel to the U.S., South America and Iceland. Valid passport is a must and Nexus membership is a big plus. We’re excited to work with you and expand your skill set and experience.
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content.
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information.
- Collaborate with other departments (customer relations, sales etc) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions.
Your Super Powers, consider applying if you have at least 4 of the following:
- Post secondary education in the realms of communications, visual media and writing.
- 2+ years’ experience in social media/marketing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and Google+
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop.
This internship is mobile and based in Toronto, Canada.
This position is unpaid for the first 4 months. Email [email protected]